Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) 2012 – Day of the Dead Procession
Date(s) - Thursday, November 1, 2012
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Presented by: The UIC Latino Cultural Center with the Centers for Cultural Understanding and Social Change and the Jane Addams Hull House.
See map for procession route and times. You can join us at any of these locations. Join us in a procession through the UIC campus to honor loved ones that have passed away and to celebrate the cycle of life. Performer Laura Crotte will lead the procession with songs by the late singer and lesbian icon Chavela Vargas.
- 4pm- outside SSB, Disability Resource Center
- 4:15- outside BSB, Gender & Sexuality Center
- 4:30- outside UH, Women’s Leadership and Resource Center
- 4:45- outside LCB2, Latino Cultural Center
- 5:15- outside Taft/Addams, African-American Cultural Center and Asian American Resource and Cultural Center
- 5:30- outside JAHD, Jane Addams Hull-House Dining Hall
Poster: Día de los Muertos 2012 [PDF]
If you require any accommodations please contact us at least three days before the event.
UIC Chancellor’s Committee on the Status of Latinos, Honors College, LALS Program, LARES, and student organizations Alpha Delta Rho, Mexican Students de Aztlán, and O.W.L.S. in C.U.S.
UIC Latino Cultural Center