Data Management Intern Application for UIC Students
Application Will Open in May 2020
Lead. Create. Change. Internship Program
Fall 2020 Data Management Intern Application for UIC Students
The Latino Cultural Center (LCC) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and creative Data Management Interns to work alongside our team to sustain our center’s listservs and develop assessment reports after each public program. If you are interested in learning how to collect, maintain, and produce data for an end of the year report to help grow an organization’s presence and relay information, we want to speak with you!
We encourage students with a freshman or sophomore standing to apply as this may lead to future employment at the LCC. Intern(s) will need to dedicate 10 hours a week towards the internship: Fall 2020 - September 14, 2020 – December 4, 2020; 12 weeks total. Intern(s) will devote 50% of the time to this project and 50% to help with public programs and office duties.
This internship is an opportunity to learn the day-to-day operations of an art cultural organization and adds a unique experience to your resume. Interns can receive a compensation of $500 in the Fall 2020 semester. Depending on the LCC's needs and budget, interns who complete their internship semester(s) in good standing might be given the opportunity to transition to become hourly-paid Student Educators. Applicants that have federal work study are preferred, but not required. Depending on academic standing and course load; students may qualify for course credit. Please speak with college advisor for further details.
- Organize and maintain up-to-date all program evaluations, data reports, and listserv(s);
- Coordinate with LCC student educators that weekly data is entered into the database;
- Support Digital Marketing Intern to increase LCC’s social media footprint;
- Take initiative and be creative on social media posts and website highlights; and
- Assist LCC team with office duties as well as public programs and mural tours logistics.
- Excellent oral and written skills and working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Comfortable with public speaking to assist LCC staff with Mural Tours facilitation;
- Available Wednesdays and/or Thursdays afternoons (2pm to 5pm);
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and with a team;
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize assignments; and
- Act as liaison with LCC Affiliated Student Organizations to engage them in opportunities with the LCC.