Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern Application for UIC Students
Application Will Open in early August per COVID-19 Campus Updates
Lead. Create. Change. Internship Program
Fall 2020 Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern Application for UIC Students
The Latino Cultural Center (LCC) seeks enthusiastic and creative Digital Marketing and Social Media Interns to work alongside our team to help build our social media presence this semester. If you are passionate about social media platforms, and understand how they are used to help grow an organization’s presence to relay information, we want to speak with you!
We encourage students with a freshman or sophomore standing to apply as this may lead to future employment at the LCC. Intern(s) will need to dedicate 10 hours a week towards the internship: Fall 2020 - September 14, 2020 – December 4, 2020; 12 weeks total. Intern(s) will devote 50% of the time to this project and 50% to help with public programs and office duties.
This internship is an opportunity to learn the day-to-day operations of an art cultural organization and adds a unique experience to your resume. Interns can receive a compensation of $500 in the Fall 2020 semester. Depending on the LCC's needs and budget, interns who complete their internship semester(s) in good standing might be given the opportunity to transition to become hourly-paid Student Educators. Applicants that have federal work study are preferred, but not required. Depending on academic standing and course load; students may qualify for course credit. Please speak with college advisor for further details.
- Help grow the LCC’s social footprint and use it to drive traffic to public programs;
- Curate, design, and write posts for all social media platforms using Hootsuite;
- Organize and maintain up-to-date posts on all social media platforms;
- Take initiative and be creative on social media posts and website highlights; and
- Assist LCC team with office duties as well as public programs and mural tours logistics.
- Intermediate photography skills;
- Candidate must be familiar with how social media outlets, Flickr and YouTube functions;
- Comfortable with public speaking to assist LCC staff with Mural Tours facilitation;
- Available Wednesdays and/or Thursdays afternoons (2pm to 5pm);
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and with a team;
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize assignments; and
- Act as liaison with LCC Affiliated Student Organizations to engage them in opportunities with the LCC.