Student Organization Leader – Internship
Application Will Open in early August per COVID-19 Campus Updates
Lead. Create. Change. Internship Program
Fall 2020 LCC Affiliated Student Organization Leader - Intern
The Latino Cultural Center (LCC) is currently seeking enthusiastic and creative Interns to work alongside our team to sustain and develop ongoing positive working relationships with UIC student organizations affiliated with the LCC. If you are interested in learning how to help grow an organization’s presence and relay information on campus, we want to speak with you!
We encourage students with a freshman or sophomore standing, who are active members in a UIC student organization, to apply as this may lead to future employment at the LCC. Intern(s) will need to dedicate 10 hours a week towards the internship: Fall 2020 - September 14, 2020 – December 4, 2020; 12 weeks total. Intern(s) will devote 50% of the time to this project and 50% to help with public programs and office duties.
This internship is an opportunity to learn the day-to-day operations of an art cultural organization and adds a unique experience to your resume. Interns can receive a compensation of $500 in the Fall 2020 semester. In addition, the student organization will receive $300 in the form of supplies and food order(s) through the LCC. Depending on the LCC's needs and budget, interns who complete their internship semester(s) in good standing might be given the opportunity to transition to become hourly-paid Student Educators. Applicants that have federal work study are preferred, but not required. Depending on academic standing and course load; students may qualify for course credit. Please speak with college advisor for further details.
- Act as liaison with LCC Affiliated Student Organizations to engage them in opportunities with the LCC;
- Organize and maintain up-to-date all student organizations’ upcoming events submitted;
- Support Digital Marketing Intern to increase LCC’s social media footprint;
- Take initiative and be creative on social media posts and website highlights; and
- Assist LCC team with office duties as well as public programs and mural tours logistics.
- Be an active member of a UIC student organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills and working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Comfortable with public speaking to assist LCC staff with Mural Tours facilitations;
- Must be available Wednesdays and/or Thursdays afternoons (2pm to 5pm);
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision and with a team; and
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize assignments.