Transnational Encounters: Music and Performance at the U.S. – Mexico Border
Date(s) - Thursday, February 9, 2012
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Presented by: UIC Latino Cultural Center and the Latin American and Latino Studies Program
Join the UIC Latino Cultural Center and the Latin American and Latino Studies (LALS) Program in a panel discussion centered on the book Transnational Encounters, Music and Performance at the U.S. – Mexico Border, edited by UIC Professor Alejandro L. Madrid. The essays presented here seek to explore the transnational connections and local significance of many of the musical cultures found along the border.
- Ignacio Corona, Ohio State University
- Lillian Gorman, University of Illinois at Chicago
- José E. Limón, University of Notre Dame
- Ramón H. Rivera-Servera, Northwestern University
- Alejandro L. Madrid, LALS
If you require any accommodations please contact us at least three days before the event.
Name: Mario Lucero
UIC Department of Theatre and Music
UIC Latino Cultural Center