›› The LCC Gallery is available for use. ‹‹
We ask from everyone who uses the LCC Gallery space to please follow our procedures and regulations.
Failure to do so may result in denial of future space requests.
Gallery Capacity and Food Restrictions:
- The Gallery can host 40-50 people MAXIMUM at a time.
- There are four large tables with 5 chairs each and 9 black lounge chairs for a total of 29 seats available for use. Please see P&R form for alternative set-up options.
- Only small bites, snacks, and non-messy food are allowed in the Gallery.
Please read the following before submitting a space request form:
1) Who can reserve the Gallery?
The Latino Cultural Center is one of the few spaces on campus available at no charge for events and meetings organized by UIC departments and units, registered student organizations, and LCC community partners. If you are not one of these, your request will be denied.
- If you are submitting this form on behalf of an outside organization or because you are a member of such organization, your request will be denied. In other words, your event or meeting must be a project or effort of a UIC department, unit or registered student organization.
- We define community partners as organizations that collaborate on projects with the LCC.
- No organization, department, or unit other than the one who reserved the space may use the Gallery.
2) When is the Gallery available?
The Gallery is available from 9am to 5pm Monday through Thursday & 9am-3pm on Friday. You can request the Gallery for after hours: Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 8pm.
- The Gallery CAN be available after hours on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday only IF an LCC student worker is available.
- The use of the Gallery on Friday nights and over the weekend by UIC student orgs, department units and/or external LCC community partners requires a payment fee. This fee covers the payment for a LCC student worker to be present and help with space logistics the day of your event. The LCC student worker will not be responsible for setting up or cleaning the space after your event.
- The rate is $20/hr, which will have to be paid directly to the student in the form of a check or cash the day of the event.
- All Minors (under 18) in the Gallery space must be supervised by an UIC staff/faculty.
- Space requests are on a first-come-first-serve basis. The space is not guaranteed until we send you a confirmation and you return your signed Procedures & Regulations form (see below).
3) What else should I know?
- Review the LCC Gallery Procedures & Regulations [PDF] because you will be asked to agree to the Procedures and Regulations and the Terms and Conditions outlined on the Space Request Form.
- In order to give everyone an opportunity to use the gallery, we will limit the number of space requests to 5 per semester.
- Any sale of food in the Gallery or outside the Gallery is prohibited. The University does not provide any insurance for registered student organizations or anyone else to act as food vendors.
- We need at least 3 business days to process your request.
Please complete one submission per event.